About this event
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Mobile eTicket
Date: Sunday, January 28th, 2024
Time: 10.00 AM EST (Washington D.C.) |
8.30 PM IST (New Delhi)
Please register at https://bit.ly/csaregister
The meeting details will be sent with the registration confirmation email
You are cordially invited to Strategic Affairs Distinguished Lecture – Is Maldives a permanent national security threat to Bharat?
Sunday, January 28th, 2024,10.00 AM EST; 8.30 PM IST
Dr Saptarishi Basu
Dr. A. Adityanjee, President
Council for Strategic Affairs
About the Lecture
About the Distinguished Speaker
Dr. Saptarshi Basu
Dr Saptarishi Basu is a carrier superintendent and graduated from premier government institute DMET /MERI – IMU-K Kolkata campus. He educated to be a MEO class 1 and extra first-class part A, PGDNA Naval architecture, M.B.A. Shipping logistics management, B. TECH in Marine Engineering and Certificate and executive course in strategic management
Affiliated and studied at Institute Directorate general of shipping, Mumbai University, AMET Chennai, TNOU Saidapet, Indian maritime University, Kolkata Campus and IIM Khozikode
Dr Saptarishi Basu is also an accomplished Marine Engineer, Naval Structural and Architect with 25 years of experience in Design Engineering services like ship building, conversion projects in dredgers, tugs, Marine engineering, offshore engineering, structural engineering, civil construction and project execution with complete life cycle management from project conception, bankable DPR, design, fabrication, erection, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance and occasionally decommissioning and scrapping / recycling
- Insurance and quality auditor/surveyor – Specialist in detecting and annulling the maritime insurance frauds worked with underwriters Class A surveyors as resource person, internal auditor, vetting inspection and TMSA preparation coach.
- Diving supervisor – Consultant supervisors for diving companies on dredging, ship repairs, salvage and wreck removal process.
- Chief engineer – Sailed as chief engineer on all types of vessels in both the main feet and the offshore field Setting of site office, team management, onsite visits guidance and troubleshooting.
- Site supervision – Complete vessel management suite including annual budgeting, ship inspections, prepurchase and take over and hand over reports surveys and certifications and repairs and PMS management
- Technical superintendence Drydocking – Design and erection and construction of drydocks ( graving docks ) with drydock management with repair planning, budgeting and execution and docking , undocking as well as warfage repairs.
- Conceptual design – Design spiral from basic fundamental specification, to full and final detailed design and engineering
Professional engineer – Certification of final detailed design, fabrication design and as built design
- Author – Has written books on various maritime and geopolitical issues
Dr Saptarishi Basu is an experienced professional and served as technical head and DPA as well as CSO of three companies quadrant maritime, Nautilus shipping, SSR shipping, Bapu shipping, algayas exports;
Developed the entire documentation system 3 to 4 layered, manuals company as well as vessel, forms and checklists as well as vessel type specific manuals, got DOC, DDOC audits done, initial, intermediate, renewal, Worked with prestigious clients like Adani ports and SEZ, friends group for floating cranes, Oil miners and exporters in Nigeria,Kandla port, Jindal ITF;
Participated as chief consultant in first in India underwater salvage operation for oil recovery and removal from sunken wreck at Mangalore under Bansal endeavors and Burhani steels;
Was involved in floating repairs of critical operation such as main hydraulic cylinder failures of split barge, floating extraction of propeller shaft and rudder assembly and renewal of stern bush, laser alignment of gear box and trans mission;
Conversion of propeller from open rounded edge propeller to kort nozzle propeller, conversion of propeller system to jet propulsion system;
Undertook diving operation for underwater polishing of the hull and propeller, underwater welding of the hinge pin support and bracket of the split barge main hydraulic cylinder;
Floating cofferdaming of sea chests and changing of the leaking sea chests valve, intermediate ruptured and leaking sea water pipelines with intermediate valves etc;
Docking and undocking specialists of vessels as well as lay-up commissioning; Advisers to wreck removal companies for underwater obstructions and sunken vessels offering innovative solutions;
Installation of captive power plant, super structure composite and steel and utilization of recycled steel for fabrication and vessel building etc.